Welcome to The Helping Hands Company
The Helping Hands Company can help with non personal care services as follows:
- Socialising: cinema, theatre, events, music venues, going for a meal or just coffee.
- A walk, swim, gym, yoga, shopping or just having a chat.
- Walking the dog.
- Attending appointments whether it is doctor, hospital, chiropodist, dentist, collecting prescription, hairdo etc.
- I can help with anything in the house, from making a meal, light gardening, to painting a fence. Basically, anything light, no heavy-duty DIY (But I can find someone to fix the heavy-duty DIY)
- Banking, food shopping
I am a caring, compassionate, positive person who enjoys the company of older individuals.
It all started 15 year ago when I met my friend who was a lot older than me, while I was a volunteer at the hospice shop. We since enjoyed so many outings and laughter. That combined with working for Adult Social Care and not having my own parents near me to enjoy doing daily things with them. The idea of starting this business started to develop until it became a must do.
I am looking forward to meeting like-minded people and enjoying each other’s company and hopefully bringing joy and laughter as well as help in every day’s needs.
Prices are £20 per hour, based on an initial coverage area of within 5 miles of Carlisle. There may be a slight increase in cost to cover mileage.
Whilst in my company, is there anything I need to know:
- Health Issues
- Who to contact in an emergency
- Anything else.
What you need to know
- I am fully insured
- I am DBS Checked